As parents we are always needing to guide our children’s behaviour.
From little things to big things, it can be quite a challenge sometimes teach our children the important life skills we know they need.
Small changes may occur simply because we ask.
But larger changes are more fundamental and require more effort from both our children and ourselves.
But where do you start?
At Adelaide Psychological we recommend a structure 5 step program to behavioural change.
- What are you struggling with? What are you trying to change? Is it age appropriate?
- Consider your child temperament. How does it affect the changes you are trying to make?
- Consider your own parenting style? Yes we all have a different parenting style and it needs to adapt over time as our children grow older.
- Tryout a set of interventions. Our intervention programs run over a 1 month period and are tailored to your needs by our psychologists.
- Review your plan with our psychologists and ensure you are getting a positive outcome, and achieve great mental wellbeing in your family.
If you need help putting together your plan, understanding your child’s temperament or your own parenting style speak to one of our psychologists for more info.
PH 08 82954150